[TUHS] Mach'86

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Thu Jul 18 00:12:05 AEST 2019

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 3:56 AM emanuel stiebler <emu at e-bbes.com> wrote:

> On 2019-07-16 11:32, Jason Stevens wrote:
>
> > While this kernel does have mentions of multi processor support I
> > haven’t quite figured out what models (if any) are supported
>
> Historically, the Mach MP work was done on an Encore system not Vaxen but
I've forgotten which model and what the processor was.  I wanted to say
Encore used the NS 16032, but I'm not willing to go out on a limb on that
thought.   Bob Baron, Mike Accetta or Rich Rashid probably remembers.  You
might look at the code for Encore support, and that might give you a hint.
  FWIW:   I've lost track of Bob who was at Pitt last time I knew, but Mike
is still at Microsoft.  I believe I heard Rich retired, but I'm not sure of
that.
Clem