[TUHS] Quotas - did anyone ever use them?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Jun 1 02:15:48 AEST 2019

On 5/31/19 10:06 AM, Michael Kjörling wrote:
> Let's hope said ransomware isn't smart enough to run "zfs list X -t
> snapshot" and "zfs destroy X at Y".

(Baring any local privilege escalation....)  I think that ZFS would
protect (snapshots) against ransomware running as an unprivileged user
that can't run zfs / zpool commands.

> And while "zfs list" is Mostly Harmless, let's hope the sysadmin is smart
> enough to not let arbitrary users run "zfs destroy" anything important.

I have found the zfs and zpool command sufficiently easy to allow
limited access via appropriate sudoers entries.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die