[TUHS] PAC (Perceptual audio coder)

Jon Steinhart jon at fourwinds.com
Sat Jun 8 06:38:33 AEST 2019

Lyndon Nerenberg writes:
> > Then an AT&T lawyer stepped in at the last minute, was deeply offensive and
> > rude to us, and shut down the effort for completely stupid and invalid
> > reasons. I still bristle at the memory. What an asshole.
>
> Be brave. Name names. Let him try to sue himself out of history.

Ken talked about this at a conference that I attended a couple of decades ago.
He had brought a whole pile of discs that he had made to give out before the
idea was nixed by the attorney.  Somehow audience members filched these discs
while Ken was fiddling with his slides.  No, I didn't end up getting one.  So
I don't know whether or not these included source code.

Jon