[TUHS] Old Emacs

Lawrence Stewart stewart at serissa.com
Wed Jun 12 01:02:49 AEST 2019

I have a copy of the sources for Dave Conroy’s microemacs, if there’s any interest.
It is certainly the smallest one I know about.

I suppose it was quite late to the emacs party, dating from 1989 or so.  The sources include support for Ultrix and various mini and micro systems, plus a few terminal types.

I used to use to use it on small and partially installed systems for editing config files.   This role seems to be taken by nano in the modern day.

I asked him once how to change the key bindings and Dave said “You use the Change Configuration command.”  “On Unix it is abbreviated as cc.”

-L