[TUHS] Question about finding curses to build on v7

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Jun 12 03:26:44 AEST 2019

Interesting and that sounds quite plausible.   CCA sold it at one point.
Masscomp (because Steve was working for us) got a license and a
redistribution license.   IIRC: we could redistribute the binary for free
as long as CCA got Steve's changes back.

Steve definitely did the terminfo/lib work for CCA Emacs at Masscomp, as I
had pointed out that AT&T was moving to terminfo but was locking it up
inside of the System V (AT&T 'consider it standard' stuff - much to a
number of their own people telling them not too).   Pavel ?? Curtis I think
?? - I've forgotten his last name -  had written a new uncontaminated
version at Cornell that was a functional replacement and that could read
the AT&T ASCII database and compile them properly.   (I don't remember if
Pavel's version could take the AT&T binary versions).  I had obtained
Pavel's version and we were shipping that as our terminfo/lib
implementation on the Masscomp boxes and were switching our code to use it,
as we had not yet signed a System V license and were shipping on a System
III based one.    Steve started to include Pavel's library in the CCA
version, which he got from me.
ᐧ