[TUHS] UNIX 50th at USENIX ATC

Norman Wilson norman at oclsc.org
Wed Jun 12 04:45:32 AEST 2019

Kevin Bowling:

  The conference looks supremely uninteresting outside one WAFL talk to me.

====

That is, of course, a matter of opinion.  Just from skimming
titles I see about two dozen talks of at least some interest
to me in the ATC program.  And that's just ATC; I'm planning
to attend the Hot* workshops on Monday and Tuesday as well.

Of course I won't attend every one of those talks--some coincide
in time, some I'll miss because I get stuck in the hallway track.
And some will prove less interesting in practice, though others
that don't seem all that interesting in the program will likely
prove much better in person.

I've been attending USENIX ATC for decades, and although some
conferences have been meatier than others, I've never ended up
feeling the trip was a waste of time.

Perhaps us old farts just aren't as discriminating as you
youngsters.

That said, I think Kevin's question

  Is there a way to participate [on the UNIX50 event] without attending Usenix ATC?

is a good one.

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON