[TUHS] more/BSD

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Thu Mar 7 01:20:24 AEST 2019

On 2/6/19 2:58 PM, Kevin Bowling wrote:
> I have a hungry hp300.  Does anyone have Mt Xinu's creation, more/BSD, archived?

Not that I know of.
I assume you mean a 9000/300. The HP 300 (Amigo) is a VERY different computer.

Sadly, it was common practice to use the cheapest 9-track tape you could buy
(often the worst.. Memorex) for distributions.

The only copy of Mt Xinu Unix I've been able to find has tapes with the binder
so sticky that baking doesn't even help.

I have a whole stack of BSD tapes that I've never even bothered to try reading
because they are MRX.