[TUHS] Quotas - did anyone ever use them?

John P. Linderman jpl.jpl at gmail.com
Fri May 31 00:48:50 AEST 2019

We used them in an AT&T Labs research environment. The intent was less to
prevent users from selfishly grabbing (then semi-precious) disk space but
to prevent accidents from adversely affecting the user community at large.
If you *knew* you were going to need honking amounts of disk, the sysadmins
would raise the quota (probably on a partition dedicated to such
activities).