[TUHS] UNIX: A History and a Memoir by Brian W. Kernighan is now out

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Sat Nov 2 08:24:23 AEST 2019

On Oct 23, 2019, at 4:28 PM, arnold at skeeve.com wrote:

> BWK used Create Space, which is Amazon, to self publish. So, I suspect
> that it won't be in brick-and-mortar shops.  They may can order for
> you but in that case it'd probably be more expensive than just ordering
> it yourself.

Amazon does have a small number of physical storefronts (for example, there’s one at Santana Row in San Jose, CA) and they’ll actually put print-on-demand books on the shelves there too. Shelf placement appears to be algorithmic by popularity so it wouldn’t surprise me to see Kernighan’s book the next time I pop in.

  -- Chris
  -- who always has to resist the urge to say “Alexa, play Despacito” when walking past the helper-cylinder display