[TUHS] Amdahl UTS, AIX/370, AIX/ESA

Kevin Bowling kevin.bowling at kev009.com
Mon Nov 4 10:06:06 AEST 2019

On Sun, Nov 3, 2019 at 4:39 PM Dennis Boone <drb at msu.edu> wrote:

>  > I've got an HP 88780 quad density 9-track and access to a SCSI IBM
>  > 3490.  Can fit them in air cargo and bring a laptop with a SCSI card.
>  > Tell me where to go.
>
> Don't forget to air cargo your tape drying mechanism too.
>
> De

There’s a chance some media needs a small amount of heat over time applied
“tape baking” but a facility to do that is readily available almost
anywhere.  I haven’t had any issues with properly stored 9 track from the
late ‘80s and early ‘90s.

http://www.heeltoe.com/retro/tapes/ has links to the authoritative sources
but gives a good enough overview for water cooler talk.