[TUHS] Amdahl UTS, AIX/370, AIX/ESA

Kevin Bowling kevin.bowling at kev009.com
Mon Nov 4 11:58:52 AEST 2019

We live in an imperfect world.  All we can do is try; it will
certainly cease with inaction.  It's painfully ironic we have
effectively limitless perfect preservation systems [1] now, but are
losing worthwhile information at an astonishing rate.  I suspect most
estate sales, and even professional archivists[2] trash manuals, tape
and things like microfiche without really thinking much about it
because they don't really understand how to bring it to permanent
storage systems or that nobody else has done so either.

[1] Stack your favorite local filesystem, a public cloud, and/or archive.org
[2] I accidentally came across this pulling up the tape baking link
showing almost this
https://ricehistorycorner.com/2015/05/13/obsolete-technology-reel-to-reel/

Regards,
Kevin