[TUHS] Happy birthday Morris worm

Ronald Natalie ron at ronnatalie.com
Wed Nov 6 23:35:54 AEST 2019

The WIZ hack was well known by the time the worm exploited it.    I’d recompiled sendmail to get rid of it even being an option on all the machines directly under my control.    The 750 in question was operated ostensibly by the JVNCNet people, but I had the root pasword (I guess I really didn’t need it with that security hole in it anyhow).