[TUHS] AOS and IBM/RT [Re: Amdahl UTS, AIX/370, AIX/ESA

Charles H Sauer sauer at technologists.com
Thu Nov 7 01:51:20 AEST 2019

I'm not aware of AOS source anywhere, but plausibly someone from Athena
or CMU might still have it. If I recall correctly, it came on large tape
cartridges.

There was some AOS stuff at www.dementia.org/~shadow/ibmrt.html, some
still present at
http://web.archive.org/web/20110725231604/http://www.dementia.org/~shadow/ibmrt.html,
but the ftp stuff seems to be gone.

Also some AOS stuff at https://amaus.net/static/S100/IBM/RTPC/AOS/.

I'm not aware of RT or 6K emulators available. I think there is more
recent AIX on SIMH
(https://astr0baby.wordpress.com/2018/11/04/running-aix-7-2-tl3sp1-on-x86_64-via-qemu-system-ppc64/),
but I've not looked at it.

CHS

voice: +1.512.784.7526       e-mail: sauer at technologists.com
fax: +1.512.346.5240         Web: https://technologists.com/sauer/
Facebook/Google/Skype/Twitter: CharlesHSauer