[TUHS] History of m6?

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Thu Nov 14 20:53:21 AEST 2019

I suggest continuing this on COFF.

Thomas Paulsen wrote:
> I have a account on a remote twenex PDP10. There is a editor named
> emacs. This is a very archaic piece of software.  It doesn't know any
> teco commands no matter how I tried. I'm pretty sure that this is
> teco-emacs.

Yes, it should be TECO Emacs.  Normal use of Emacs rarely needs TECO
commands.

To get a TECO minibuffer type Meta-Altmode (Esc Esc).  You should get a
small window at the top of the terminal in which you can enter TECO
commands.  Execute them with double altmode as you would in any TECO.

> I draw my own conclusions from these observations which are far away
> from all these myths.

I try to stay with the facts.  I actually use TECO Emacs almost daily,
and I have built it from sources.  Some other information is based on
email conversations among those who wrote Emacs.