[TUHS] AOS and IBM/RT [Re: Amdahl UTS, AIX/370, AIX/ESA

Charles H Sauer sauer at technologists.com
Fri Nov 22 03:33:40 AEST 2019

On 11/21/2019 7:07 AM, Brad Spencer wrote:

> ... I remember it being
> pretty stock 4.3BSD with NFS and minus YP/NIS.

I'm puzzled about the "minus YP/NIS". I negotiated the IBM NFS license
on behalf of AIX, but was inclusive of the rest of the company, so I
think ACIS put NFS into AOS under the auspices of that license. I
remember discussing with the Palo Alto ACIS folks at the time.

I only had AOS at home, without Ethernet, so wouldn't have tried to use
NFS or YP. But I would have thought that ACIS would have included YP.

Charlie
voice: +1.512.784.7526       e-mail: sauer at technologists.com
fax: +1.512.346.5240         Web: https://technologists.com/sauer/
Facebook/Google/Skype/Twitter: CharlesHSauer