[TUHS] Western Electric "Research Unix" License Contacts

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat Nov 23 01:34:04 AEST 2019

I sent you some stuff privately, but the key point is that is was required
by the US Gov as part of the 1956 Consent decree.
AT&T had to make its IP available to the research community and licensable
under 'fair terms' which would be reviewed by the regulators.  Al Arms
wrote and administer the license BTW.  I've lost track of him.  I want to
say he may have passed, but I don't want to start a rumor.   You might
check with the Nokia folks, as I did not see him at the 50th and I would
have expected him there.

Clem