[TUHS] Steve Bellovin recounts the history of USENET

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Sat Nov 23 09:21:49 AEST 2019

On 11/22/2019 3:18 PM, Justin R. Andrusk wrote:
> I'm half tempted to take the archive.org Usenet files and throw them
> into Elasticsearch and create a web front end for searching. Storage
> would be expensive, but search would rock!

Can we run multiple nodes of Elastic, and replicate between each other?

I just recently started playing with it, it's quite impressive. Except
for that one logstash file "read" mode that by default deletes the file
once it's done with it (a 4-year-long access.log that I wanted to read in).

anyway.

art k.