[TUHS] Steve Bellovin recounts the history of USENET

Kurt H Maier khm at sciops.net
Sat Nov 23 10:00:34 AEST 2019

On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 05:21:20PM -0500, Henry Bent wrote:

> Why do you say that?  I used a browser that was fully logged out of Google
> and in paranoid/private settings mode and I could browse newsgroups, do
> basic searching, etc. eg:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/net.unix-wizards/iris%7Csort:date

Clicking on any entry in those search results prompts me to log in.
Suffice it to say it is not satisfactory; TUHS is not the place to debug
Google's software for them, so I'll drop the matter.

I am willing to help any effort to make this data available in less
painful formats or protocols.  Feel free to reach out, anyone.

khm