[TUHS] Recovered /etc/passwd files

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Fri Oct 4 08:04:38 AEST 2019

Finn O'Leary wrote in <b131e7d8e13b787df8146bd2edcd7bfb at inventati.org>:
 |On 2019-10-03 19:30, Leah Neukirchen wrote:
 |> I did this once, but I never managed to crack all of them.
 |> It was bwk who used /.,/.,
 |>
 |> My findings (from
 |> https://github.com/dspinellis/unix-history-repo/blob/BSD-3-Snapshot-Deve\
 |> lopment/etc/passwd):
 |>
 |> [ ... ]
 |
 |Interesting~! Thank you for the quick response :)

 |> But I never managed to crack ken's password with the hash
 |> ZghOT0eRm4U9s, and I think I enumerated the whole
 |> 8 letter lowercase + special symbols key space.
 |> [ ... ]
 |> Any help is welcome.
 |
 |I'm not even sure how I would go about starting to crack them, as I have
 |very little experience with that! That said, I'd be willing to lend some
 |CPU power to recover the rest :)

The dark powers of criminal energy touched also me, i wanted to
write hazy spheres thereof, but that reminded me of hazy shade of
criminal from Public Enemy ("Once the riot started, it went like
a forest fire") thirty years ago.  (The one rap/hip hop i have
ever heard, with text that really mattered, sometimes.)

Oh, we like that wendy!!! was nothing fast-food alike.
And Kurt Shoens used sacristy!  How could that ever be decrypted.

Thanks, Leah.

--steffen