[TUHS] eqn

Kurt H Maier khm at sciops.net
Sat Oct 5 04:55:04 AEST 2019

On Fri, Oct 04, 2019 at 10:24:11AM -0700, Adam Thornton wrote:
> A modern TeX would probably look a lot like SILE:
>
> http://sile-typesetter.org/
>
> Simon's a smart guy.  It's a pretty neat project.

I always bristled at SILE being described as a typesetting program.
It's a desktop publishing suite.  The whole advantage of roff and TeX is
that you're freed from micromanaging everything.  SILE takes that base
from TeX, and then puts back in all the knobs that a certain kind of
person likes to fiddle with.  This means if you're collaborating with
any sized group on a document, and you're using SILE, someone will turn
it into a figure-positioning bikeshedding competition.

khm