[TUHS] Recovered /etc/passwd files

Leah Neukirchen leah at vuxu.org
Fri Oct 11 00:10:32 AEST 2019

Henry Bent <henry.r.bent at gmail.com> writes:

> I have no opinion on the password hacking (especially since Ken seemed fine
> with it), but this is to me distasteful.  The media was alerted, and that
> media was of all things The Register?  It's not exactly a site known for
> its thoughtful or balanced journalism.

To be fair, I wrote this up on my blog because I really enjoyed this
little piece of history, and put it on lobste.rs, expecting the usual
20 regulars to like it.  I did not expect the story to take off like
this!

(I also declined interview questions from The Register and Ars
Technica, because I don't have anything to add there and did not even
find the end result.)

--
Leah Neukirchen  <leah at vuxu.org>  https://leahneukirchen.org/