[TUHS] What was your "Aha, Unix!" moment?

Tyler Adams coppero1237 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 22:04:15 AEST 2019

One of the things that makes unix so special to me is how many different
ways I had the "Aha" moment.

Viscerally, I got drawn in after I tried writing some Batch script for a
windows machine and found bash so much easier.

Intellectually, ESR's Art of Unix Programming really shown a light onto
what made unix feel so fun. Seeing the unix principles laid out shortly and
clearly was world changing.

Then when Apple and Google pumped out 3 BILLION unix like devices and made
unix mainstream, it just nailed it in that unix is a really special piece
of software*.*

 Tyler