[TUHS] What was your "Aha, Unix!" moment?

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 02:45:06 AEST 2019

On 10/23/19 10:08 AM, Arthur Krewat wrote:
> More than one of us have done that in our lifetime ;)
>
> On 10/23/2019 1:13 AM, Gilles Gravier wrote:
>> "sudo rm -rf /tmp /*"

Oh yeah. Did something similar on my Powerbook back around Panther:

sudo rm -fr /bin

I heart my Macs (all of 'em), it was just a matter of copying back the
bin directory or reinstalling over the existing files or grabbing the
timemachine copy or somesuch... whatever it was, it was 20 minutes of
frustration, then all good. Try that on linux... no, don't :), unless
you're doing timeshift or something similar and just wanna have some fun.

Will

--
GPG Fingerprint: 68F4 B3BD 1730 555A 4462  7D45 3EAA 5B6D A982 BAAF