[TUHS] UNIX: A History and a Memoir by Brian W. Kernighan is

Norman Wilson norman at oclsc.org
Tue Oct 29 07:54:26 AEST 2019

Mary Ann Horton:

  I'm enjoying bwk's book very much, but it has me wondering. There are
  two stories I've heard that supposedly occurred at Murray Hill, but he
  didn't include them.

====

You can't expect every story to be there.  The book would be too
heavy to lift!

Could the `monkey picture on a badge' story be that of G. R. Emlin's
badge?  She was a gremlin doll, not a monkey, but it would be
reasonable to mistake the former for the latter.

Here's a good pictore of G R herself, with what I believe to be at
least a second-generation badge.  The original badge was an old-style
Bell Labs one with a green border; I forget whether that meant
contractor or something else, but a regular MTS badge was blue-bordered
at the time.

Norman Wilson
Toronto ON