[TUHS] UNIX: A History and a Memoir by Brian W. Kernighan is now out

Lawrence Stewart stewart at serissa.com
Tue Oct 29 12:05:50 AEST 2019

Regarding badge stories, my favorite is Richard Feynman, who found a hole in the fence at Los Alamos and one day exited four times without going in.  (Recollection of the story, I think in Surely You’re Joking…)

But that reminds me of my favorite arithmetic problem:

Q:  explain negative numbers
A;  Four people go into an empty room.  Seven people leave.  How many people have to go into the room before it is empty again?