[TUHS] PWB vs Unix/TS

Richard Salz rich.salz at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 03:49:27 AEST 2019

> course, this caused a new set of problems of trying to do bug fixes in
the two command streams [BTW: Pyramid would try the Universe trick also as
did a couple of other folks; but I don't know how they implemented it - as
I say, I did it with CDSL].

Yes, /bin was a CDSL to /.attbin or /.ucbbin depending on a flag in the
proc structure.  The "universe" command queried/set the bit.  The Pyramid
kernel was a BSD kernel with the missing ATT syscalls added.  The boot
mechanism, at least at first, was BSD. I did things like "rm -rf" /.attbin,
/usr/.attinclude, etc., and the system was fine. :)