[TUHS] SCCS

Dave Horsfall dave at horsfall.org
Fri Sep 13 15:22:58 AEST 2019

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019, Larry McVoy wrote:

> Yeah, this was one of things that BitKeeper addressed.  It was easier to
> use and every commit was a tag.

That reminds me: I really must take another look at BK for my stuff.

At the moment I'm using say "fred.c-" for the previous version etc (and
"fred.c+" for something finished but not quite ready to install).

I've also renamed entire directory trees to sub-tree under "OLD" etc :-)

SCCS/RCS are history as far as I'm concerned; I never quite got the hang
of CVS (which OpenLDAP uses); and I've heard all sorts of horror stories
about GIT to keep me away from it...

-- Dave