[TUHS] a book (was Re: PWB vs Unix/TS)

Clem cole clemc at ccc.com
Mon Sep 16 09:27:57 AEST 2019

Actually the thing that some (maybe many) of the folks you mentioned seem to have the hardest time accepting the Linux is just the modern implementation of Unix.  which i think is sad.  I think Linux is a wonderful piece of work but the developers do need to recognize we’re it came.

There is a famous line which I wish I knew who said that to paraphrase becomes: “In science we stand on the shoulders of the great people that came before us, but in computer science we try to step on their toes.”

Sent from my PDP-7 Running UNIX V0 expect things to be almost but not quite.