[TUHS] earliest Unix roff

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Mon Sep 16 15:52:11 AEST 2019

Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 15, 2019 at 2:55 AM <arnold at skeeve.com> wrote:
>
> > Texinfo is *by far* the superior markup language.
> >
> I'll take your work for it, but my complaint is it requires emacs to use as
> the pager on my screen.  If you live in emacs, that makes sense; but most
> people, even in the GNU/Linux world, don't.

Not true at all.  I don't use Emacs, never have, and likely never will.

I use the standalone Info reader (named info) if I want to look at the
Info output.  But as I mentioned already, I usually look at the Texinfo
documentation I'm working on via PDF or HTML.

And gvim has very nice syntax highlighting for Texinfo input files.

Arnold