[TUHS] user-level v1

arnold at skeeve.com arnold at skeeve.com
Mon Sep 16 16:03:07 AEST 2019

No, Bill Joy did vi.  Ken Arnold did curses.  The vi code did all it's
stuff directly with the termlib library calls. (Use The Source, Luke!)
Curses provided a library explicitly for screen oriented stuff that worked
at a higher level.

Mary Anne can and should tell the story of the progression of curses
to System V and terminfo.

Arnold