[TUHS] My EuroBSDcon talk (preview for commentary)

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Sep 18 06:13:30 AEST 2019

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 3:18 PM Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:

> When I worked at The Wollongong Group they were quite specific that they
> had their license from V6 days, that it was a one-off that has unusually
> favorable terms, and that it was the first licensee. But that may be the
> first license to redistribute, rather than the first commercial user to be
> licensed...

Possible - as I said ISC might have something also.  But V7 was the first
generally available redistrbution license.  It might have had a few tunable
things, but generally it was what everyone had.  The per CPU terms was set
thinking a computer cost $150K-500K, not $1-2K.

> I'll see if I can work that in.. Is that the famous '50 patches' or is
> that something else?

Yes - the patch tape or 50 changes.