[TUHS] A Couple of New Unix Artifacts

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Wed Sep 18 09:25:00 AEST 2019

My wish list is:

- Oracle (or some other licensee) coughed up SunOS. Legally.
- AT&T or some other derivative coughed up SVR4(.2)

Ok, that's all I got ;)

But yes, I'm insane enough to want: Oracle coughing up Solaris 11.x(4?)
- legally. And I don't mean OpenSolaris.

BTW - I know a certain institution I know, I'm pretty sure used V6 for a
graphics workstation. I'm pretty sure they had a source license, but I
could be wrong. What's the reality when it came to V6 being used
commercially in a product? This would be around the early 80's
timeframe. And certain law enforcement agencies actually used at least
one workstation for whatever reason.  It would have run on MIcro-11's,
and MIcro-Vaxen.