[TUHS] [OT] Re: earliest Unix roff

Arthur Krewat krewat at kilonet.net
Fri Sep 20 06:33:56 AEST 2019

Serious question:

Which is better, creating a whole new binary to put in /usr/bin to do a
single task, or add a flag to cat?

Which is better, a proliferation of binaries w/standalone source code,
or a single code tree that can handle slightly different tasks and save
space?

:)

art k.

PS: Using argv[0] (as in a symbolic link) to alter a program's behavior
instead of using flags is cheating on the above test.