[TUHS] earliest Unix roff

Rob Pike robpike at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 08:42:08 AEST 2019

Here is the complete Plan 9 man page for p:

% 9 man p

     P(1)                                                         P(1)

     NAME

          p - paginate

     SYNOPSIS

          p [ -number ] [ file ... ]

     DESCRIPTION

          P copies its standard input, or the named files if given, to

          its standard output, stopping at the end of every 22nd line,

          and between files, to wait for a newline from the user.  The

          option sets the number of lines on a page.

          While waiting for a newline, p interprets the commands:

          !    Pass the rest of the line to the shell as a command.

          q    Quit.

     SOURCE

          /usr/local/plan9/src/cmd/p.c

     Page 1                       Plan 9             (printed 9/20/19)