[TUHS] 8bc -- a B compiler for the PDP-8

Robert Clausecker fuz at fuz.su
Sat Sep 21 08:53:50 AEST 2019

Greetings!

As a project for our university's seminar on the PDP-8 I wrote a
compiler for the B language targeting it.  It's a bit rough around
the edges and the runtime code needs some work (division and
remainder are missing), but it does compile B code correctly,
generating acceptable code (for my taste, though the function call
sequence could be better).

I hope some of you enjoy this compiler for an important historical
language for an important historical computer (makes me wonder why
the two weren't married before).

https://github.com/fuzxxl/8bc

Yours,
Robert Clausecker

--
()  ascii ribbon campaign - for an 8-bit clean world
/\  - against html email  - against proprietary attachments