[TUHS] Poll: good location for Unix documentation?

Adam Thornton athornton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 12:38:05 AEST 2019

> On Sep 27, 2019, at 7:02 PM, Warren Toomey <wkt at tuhs.org> wrote:
>
> All, I'm just musing where is the best place to store Unix documentation.
> My Unix Archive is really just a filesystem, so it's not so good to
> capture and search metadata.
>
> Is anybody using archive.org, gunkies or something else, and have
> recommendations?

I know Jason Scott at archive.org <http://archive.org/> and I trust him.  Bitsavers is also, obviously, known to be good.

I don’t know who’s behind gunkies but it seems like they have good stuff.

I would say: it’s not YOUR job to organize the metadata, it’s the search engines’.  Just hosting the docs and making them available for index is probably a lot of the battle.

Adam