[TUHS] First book on Unix for general readership

Derek Fawcus dfawcus+lists-tuhs at employees.org
Tue Apr 7 20:42:51 AEST 2020

On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 at 07:57:55PM -0400, Ronald Natalie wrote:

> The manuals aren’t really a book (and again, they weren’t really published as a book)

A bit later on but...

I'm prettry sure I managed to read the man pages published as a book while
at Uni, so between '86 and '90.  I found it in the University Library.

It was published by Western Electric, and had either a dark blue or black cover.

It also didn't appear to be a particularly recent book, but could just have
been well worn.  Possibly about System III, I don't think it was about System V.

However, there were books of System V man pages published, since I bought
some of them.

DF