[TUHS] Debugging help sought

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Aug 6 13:04:37 AEST 2020

On Wed, Aug 5, 2020, 8:12 PM Jim Capp <jcapp at anteil.com> wrote:

> Looking through the code, I see some awfully long function names.   Does
> anyone recall if there are/were limits on the size of variable and function
> names?

8 I think was the limit.

Could that cause this error?

Maybe too many symbols?

The error comes from lookloc. This is called for external type relocations.
It searches the local symbol table for something that matches the
relocation entry. This error happens when it can't find it...

Not sure of the root causes for *that* though.

Warner