[TUHS] A/UX [was Linux is on-topic]

Dr Iain Maoileoin iain at csp-partnership.co.uk
Fri Aug 14 06:17:43 AEST 2020

In the UK, in the 80s?, IBM used to put up HUGE billboards with a slogan like “.. we have added a million lines of code to UNIX”, some smart ar*es around the Uni would grafitti each one with “yes, and every line was wrong”.

AIX had a lot going for it - in some ways, but as the feeling is here it really was not UNIX as we knew it.
I am jaundiced since my car registration is "AIX OK”.