[TUHS] Style command source available?

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sat Aug 22 00:42:45 AEST 2020

On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 5:22 AM Harald Arnesen <skogtun at gmail.com> wrote:

> >                  ``Ars longa, vita brevis'' - Hippocrates
>
> Of course, what Hippokrates really wrote was
> "Ὁ βίος βραχύς, ἡ δὲ τέχνη μακρή"

Naturally.  But for hysterical raisins I stick to ASCII in my .sigs, and
anyway, the Latin version allows me to say "Arse longa, vita brevis" when
appropriate.

What Hippocrates definitely didn't say was "First, do no harm", though it
is close to something in the Epidemics which I have refrained from looking
up.

No,  John.  I want formats that are actually useful, rather than over-
featured megaliths that address all questions by piling on ridiculous
internal links in forms which are hideously over-complex.
        --Simon St. Laurent on xml-dev