[TUHS] The UNIX Command Language (1976)

Dan Cross crossd at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 02:25:30 AEST 2020

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:54 AM Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com> wrote:

> Too bad, they did not use the UNIX tool kit like troff and eqn which are
> described in the paper itself, to restore it.  If you were going to the
> trouble to make the 'md' file - it would have been just as easy to create
> troff source.

In fairness, the Markdown renders directly from the github web UI, but I
agree that using troff/eqn would have been nice. Surely it wouldn't be that
hard to massage the markdown into troff markdown.

Sigh ... get off my lawn ...

I don't even have a lawn and I'm similarly distressed at the lack of homage
to the past.

        - Dan C.

On Sun, Nov 29, 2020 at 10:17 PM Joachim via TUHS <tuhs at minnie.tuhs.org>