[TUHS] Were cron and at done at the same time? Or one before the other?

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 03:42:39 AEST 2020

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 9:08 AM Bakul Shah <bakul at iitbombay.org> wrote:

> Ah .. but I don’t know if they did! The implication that Pascal folks like
> complexity seems strange as Pascal is far simpler than C++ (not much larger
> than C) and C++ is no more type safe than C (both are less type safe than
> Pascal). Anyway I will stop now!

I was one of the people who happily left Pascal behind to move to C.  But
in retrospect, I think the computing world would've been better off with
Pascal, modified slightly to allow passing variable-length arrays (like
TurboPascal).

I never did make the move to C++ - I've written only a little code in it.
Instead, when a lot of people were moving from C to C++ or Perl, I fished
around and hit upon a little-known language called Python (OCaml was runner
up).  My management was practically nonexistent back then, so no one told
me "No, use what everyone else is using!"