[TUHS] Idea: a regular video chat

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Sat Feb 8 17:36:19 AEST 2020

[x-posting to COFF]

Idea: anybody interested in a regular video chat? I was thinking of
one that progresses(*) through three different timezones (Asia/Aus/NZ,
then the Americas, then Europe/Africa) so that everybody should be
able to get to two of the three timezones.

 (* like a progressive dinner)

30-60 minutes each one, general old computing. Perhaps a guest speaker
now and then with a short presentation. Perhaps a theme now and then.
Perhaps just chew the fat, shoot the breeze as well.

Platform: Zoom or I'd be happy to set up a private Jitsi instance.
Something else?

How often: perhaps weekly or fortnightly through the three timezones,
so it would cycle back every three or six weeks.

Comments, suggestions?!

Cheers, Warren