[TUHS] man Macro Package and pdfmark

Thomas Paulsen thomas.paulsen at firemail.de
Tue Feb 18 04:09:57 AEST 2020

>*all* the stuff? Please don't do that literally. The garrulity
>quotient of info pages dwarfs even that of the most excessive
;-)
>modern man pages. But I appplaud the intent to assure man
>pages are complete.
info pages clearly are redundant. Even worser under linux most of them visualizing man pages, whereas hardly any man page is missing.
They are emacs style help pages in the tradition of twenex/its, and I tell you that a few years ago one guy (not me) recommended in the emacs developer list to replace tekinfo by something modern like .html.

Thus the question isn't man or tekinfo for linux documentation but html/markup or or tekinfo for emacs build-in self documentation.