[TUHS] Bitsavers' RT/PC, AIX, AOS, etc. recent additions

Jason Stevens jsteve at superglobalmegacorp.com
Tue Feb 18 18:01:56 AEST 2020

It's the CMU micro kernel.  The hybrid "2.6" lived on in NeXTSTEP, and OPENSTEP, with various upgrades to bring it up to OS X.
The RT as I understand it was a research machine, hence the BSD ports, and Mach port.
What is interesting the more I dig around is that there was ROMP coprocoessor cards, and an OS/2 and DOS monitor program to let you boot BSD on the card.  Peripheral IO was done on the x86 side.
If RT's are rare, I can't imagine how impossible it would be to get one of those cards!
The BSD assembler and linker source is in the archives too, no doubt it'll help someone make a RT emulator.
Get Outlook for Android

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 12:54 PM +0800, "Kevin Bowling" <kevin.bowling at kev009.com> wrote:

Can you clarify what is Mach in this archive if I have a gap in my knowledge? I didn’t know the VRM had any direct relationship to Mach
Regards,Kevin