[TUHS] man Macro Package and pdfmark

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Feb 19 01:48:28 AEST 2020

The term OSS to mean free as in beer is just not correct.   The sources
were always free a as in available to be read but just like today they are
licensed.

Ad for Universities. The point is if you had a vax you had troff as a
miniimun an $50 for ditroff was not a hardship.

If you had a binary workstation from DEC or Sun you got troff on the system
and if you got a masscomp you got ditroff.

The point is people had access to a working binary without spending any we
real extra money - which was Jons point.

The ecosystem under Unix was fine until the real a FOSS world which was
when groff appears.

--
Sent from a handheld expect more typos than usual