[TUHS] Bitsavers' RT/PC, AIX, AOS, etc. recent additions

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Thu Feb 20 11:29:01 AEST 2020

On Feb 17, 2020, at 5:30 PM, Al Kossow <aek at bitsavers.org> wrote:

> I'm in the process of restoring/documenting the machine, and also helping a member of the MAME team to emulate the system.

Thanks! I started on a ROMP emulator in Swift using only the docs and 6150 IPL ROM on Bitsavers many months ago, then got sidetracked with work. Maybe I’ll pick that back up again, especially if there’s more/better documentation available now.

One thing I found was that among the first few instructions in the IPL ROM, you immediately hit undocumented bits. I’m pretty sure they’re for resetting the two different floating-point accelerators.

  -- Chris