[TUHS] screen editors

Steve Mynott steve.mynott at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 01:29:17 AEST 2020

On 07/01/2020, Dave Horsfall <dave at horsfall.org> wrote:
> I don't recall the exact details, but there was once an editor called "em"
> (Editor for Mortals).  I remember thinking: what sort of an idiot would
> call it that, with the "e" and "r" keys adjacent to each other?  I wonder
> how many files were lost that way...

It was a line editor which resembled ex, came from QMC London and was
used on some VAX BSD systems in UK Universities in the early '80s. The
source is online.

As for "rm" typos I'm sure many discovered netnews the same way!

--
Steve Mynott <steve.mynott at gmail.com>
cv25519/ECF8B611205B447E091246AF959E3D6197190DD5