[TUHS] History of TUHS

Warren Toomey wkt at tuhs.org
Fri Jan 17 08:01:21 AEST 2020

On Thu, Jan 16, 2020 at 01:52:00PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
>    Is there a history of TUHS page I've missed?
>    When was it formed? Was it an outgrowth of PUPS? etc.
>    Again, I'm working on a talk and would like to include some of this
>    information and it made me think that the history of the historians
>    should be documented too.
>    Warner

Heh, I hadn't thought that TUHS itself should now be considered historical,
but I guess 25 years in the IT industry is a long time. A while back I
wrote an answer to this question here:

https://minnie.tuhs.org/Blog/2015_12_14_why_start_tuhs.html

I started the PDP-11 Unix Preservation Society mailing list around
October 1995. Eventually I realised that there needed to be a forum/group
with a wider remit, so I started a separate TUHS list in 2000. Some time
after that, the two lists got merged to be the single TUHS list.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Cheers, Warren