[TUHS] bitsavers.org down?

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Sat Jan 18 09:24:58 AEST 2020

On Fri, Jan 17, 2020 at 01:06:49PM -0700, Warner Losh wrote:
> I'm trying to grab some stuff from bitsavers.org. It seems to be failing to
> lookup name records. I'd send mail directly to Al, but the only address I
> have for him at at bitsavers.org :(

I could grab the ip from dns (71.91.242.107, apparently) but the route
(from my side of the ocean, at least) goes into the woods and gets
lost there (but the woods are in States, at least). It is being hosted
in same ip pool as classiccmp.org (71.91.242.75) - both by the same
provider AFAICT - and the route to classicmp goes into the woods,
too. At least right now, on my end of cable.

So in short, it looks like somebody dropped their router on the floor?
Hard fridays night, perhaps. Power glitch?

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola